Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hello! Yes Hello Dolly - Poster Design by Sketchbook jammy (Annamaria)

I AM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I haven't posted in some time, but none the less I have been working on lots of things! I'm preparing on entering into college ( finally). In the mean time here is a poster I worked on for Fauquier High Schools Presentation of  "Hello Dolly" from earlier this year. Quite a beauty she is :) 
 I adore Al Hirschfeld, and since this year is the Anniversary of Dolly I thought the best way to design the poster was to get inspiration from the original poster! I had a different design for the character, but the director thought it would be a bit insensitive. Nevertheless, I love this design much more than my original.
 The black with white circle was the final version I sent, which the director loved! The added all the information for the poster. I think the choice of yellow writing was a pretty good choice.
Did I mention I was also allowed to do the set design :D Maybe I can do some more set designs in the future (cross my fingers). I really liked the version I made below, but I must admit, it doesn't stand out as much as the black with white circles! Egah!

Cheers- Annamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment